FILELOCK is a storage hardware independent software product from Grau Data which ensures WORM functionality with standard Microsoft NTFS file systems.
FILELOCK enables simple and audit-compliant archiving of company data according to country regulations such as: SOX (Sarbanes-Oxley Act, USA); SEC 17a-4 (USA); HIPPA (USA); FDA 21 CRF Part 11 (USA); ISO 18501/18509; and Canadian Electronic Evidence Act.
FILELOCK allows written ﬁles to be read, but not to be altered within a set lifetime. Only when this “retention period“ is up, can this data be altered or deleted. Unauthorized file alterations/deletions are no longer possible with FILELOCK. Even existing NTFS ﬁle systems can subsequently be write-protected. FILELOCK runs under Microsoft Windows and also under VMware on “Virtual Machines“. Every application, local or remote, can read/write data directly to an NTFS ﬁle system protected by FILELOCK.
FILELOCK can be seamlessly integrated into this existing software environment. All requirements and applications like system management, backup, virus scanner, accounting or virtualization software, can continue to be operated with no adaptation required. FILELOCK is scalable in accordance with customer requirements. Installations can be made under virtual machines as well as on complex 64-bit cluster structures with no difficulties.
Unlike many existing compliance storage management products, FILELOCK aims to simplify compliance and archiving.
(c) 2009 - 2016, Storage Clarity
Archival & Compliance Storage Software
For Magnetic Disk
FILELOCK Customer Benefits
FILELOCK benefits include:
- Investment protection by use of existing hardware infrastructure;
- Very simple installation and administration;
- Seamless integration into existing software environments;
- Simple and cost effective migration of WORM optical disk and WORM tape systems;
- Transparent magnetic WORM file system.
- Works with Microsoft NTFS file system volumes.
- Supports any magnetic disk like subsystem, completely hardware independent.
- Supports fixed and removable storage devices.
- Works with all application programs, no modifications required.
- Easily integrates into an existing infrastructure.
- Even existing NTFS volumes with user files can be subsequently write-protected.
- Scalable licensing by individual FILELOCK volume capacity. No host license fees.
- Audit-compliant such as SOX (Sarbanes-Oxley Act) and SEC 17a4.
- Fast performance with very low overhead.
- User configurable file/directory retention.
- Network friendly; iSCSI and remote NTFS volume shares via CIFS or NFS.
- Supports NetApp's SnapLock protocol/functionality with or without a NetApp filer.
- Built-in optional replication to a second FILELOCK volume.
- Supports Microsoft cluster environments.
- Works with virtual machines; VMware Ready.
- Simple and user friendly; with GUI.
Learn more about Grau Data FILELOCK by:
(1) FILELOCK specifications, features and availability are subject to change without notice.
(2) All rights reserved. GRAU DATA, FILELOCK are trademarks of GRAU DATA AG.
FILELOCK for Resellers:
Storage Clarity welcomes VARs. The FILELOCK channel partner program includes:
- Reseller pricing with excellent margins;
- Opportunity registration;
- Sales and technical training;
For additional information on Grau Data's & Storage Clarity's channel partner program for FILELOCK, including joining and reseller pricing, please contact Storage Clarity.